Listen on iTunes or stream here:
In this episode, Jordan and I discuss the signing of 30-year-old wide receiver Santonio Holmes, recap the Bears’ second preseason game against the Jaguars and preview the week ahead before the third preseason game against the Super Bowl champion Seahawks.
(Listen as I combine the identities of Holmes and Plaxico Burress. Note: They are not the same player. Thanks, Jordan.)
If you’d like to ask a Bears question and have it answer on the podcast, reach out to us via Twitter.
• Is Santonio Holmes healthy, and is this move by the Bears the type of low-risk, moderate-reward type of transaction it seems to be?
• How much does Holmes actually have left in the tank, and how long will it take for him to get acclimated and take meaningful snaps?
• With Zach Miller now on injured reserve, who is the Bears’ #2 TE and how does his injury affect the Bears’ game planning?
• After a solid performance against the Jaguars, can we trust LBs Shea McClellin and Jon Bostic?
• Following another disappointing performance, how should the Bears address their problematic special teams unit?
• When will Chris Conte and Chris Williams get back on the field?
• Do we need to be worries about Matt Forte and the Bears’ run game?
• Bears sign Santonio Holmes, cut Eric Weems (Chicago Tribune)
• Holmes’ career stats via Pro Football Reference
• Watch: Jon Bostic’s big play vs. the Jaguars (GIF)