Listen on iTunes or stream here:
This week’s special guest is Rob Laird, former Bears reporter for The Daily Journal in Kankakee, Ill. Rob explains why he once called now-Chicago Tribune reporter Brad Biggs fat and how it almost got him fired. (And how he tried to apologize.) That story expands into a larger conversation about reporters’ relationships with each other.
Rob also talks about Lovie Smith and the possibility of Tampa Bay signing Richie Incognito. He also predicts 13 wins (!) for the Bears this season.
If you have a suggestion for a guest you’d like to hear on the show, or if you’d like to ask a Bears question and have it answered on the podcast, reach out to us via Twitter.
• Are Bears fans overreacting to the preseason loss to the Seahawks?
• At age 33, is LB Lance Briggs now a step slow?
• What Chris Conte‘s concussion means for the Bears’ secondary.
• Was the any silver lining in the Seahawks loss?
• Why Jimmy Clausen was the right choice for the Bears’ backup QB role.
• Why Jordan Palmer, despite being cut, is a class act.
• Nearing the end of the preseason, does Josh Morgan have an edge over Santonio Holmes for the #3 WR role?
• Do reporters and journalists who cover the Bears actually get along?
• Why it’s not a surprise Lovie Smith and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are talking to Richie Incognito.
• When teams sign players with character issues or baggage, how often does that work out? And why?
• Will Julius Peppers haunt the Bears when he returns to Soldier Field on Sept. 28?
• Will Teddy Bridgewater be the Vikings’ starting QB when the Vikings come to town Nov. 16?
• Why the Lions’ win-loss record will improve under head coach Jim Caldwell.
• How many wins will the Bears have this season?
• Is injured return man Chris Williams in danger of not making the 53-man roster?
• How much will the Bears starters — and Browns QB Johnny Manziel — play in the final preseason game?
• Rex Grossman memories.
• Washington Post’s Dan Steinberg Things ESPN’s Adam Schefter Copy-and-Pasted His Blog Post Without Attribution (The Big Lead)
• Richie Incognito Visiting Tampa Bay Bucs (The Big Lead)
• Vegas odds for NFL team regular season win totals
• Rob Laird on Facebook